Education white paper

(6 Posts)
rollonthesummer Thu 17-Mar-16 18:29:45

link

What a cheery read!

No more QTS as we know it. MATs taking over the world sad

bumbleclat Thu 17-Mar-16 19:26:43

So my qts status that I strove so hard for now means nothing? sad
Wish I had no commitments here, I'd be emigrating.

jeavcike Thu 17-Mar-16 19:35:19

I'm really afraid for my own position as a qualified supply teacher.

I currently work 3 days a week covering absent teachers on a short term, day-to-day basis and am worried that I'm either going to be forced into a pay cut (doing the same job for half the wage as an hlta because that's the cheaper option) or that the work will dry up altogether.

I chose to be a supply teacher because the flexibility fits with my family at the moment and I was looking to go full-time in 2017 when dd goes into full-time education. The plan was that I would go through the agencies to begin with because I work for them anyway and it's been so long since I last had a long-term post and therefore my references will be irrelevant.

I'm worried but can't find anything about how it'll affect supply teachers, who get a bad press as it is.

I'm also afraid for the future of my own dc, who are just starting out in their school careers - who will be responsible for providing their education?

It's all up in the air at the moment and I'm in a bit of a tizz, as my garbled post shows!

noblegiraffe Thu 17-Mar-16 19:58:37

FFS no fucker wants to be a teacher as it is. Why do they think making teacher training longer and more arduous will improve the situation?

Cherrypi Thu 17-Mar-16 20:10:44

It'll be a great way to disguise unqualified teachers to parents. "Oh they're on year 5 of training"

rollonthesummer Thu 17-Mar-16 20:33:46

I wonder what the entry requirements into the new training course will be?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now