I don't want to go in tomorrow!!

(9 Posts)
Steelojames Sun 13-Mar-16 20:36:43

I've really got Sunday blues.

I'm an NQT, with the week from hell.

I have two parents evenings, an observation, driving lessons till 8:30 and a toddler to look after, SATs on the way.....

Just wanted to get that off my chest! Getting into bed now and just feel exhausted at thought of the week ahead.
😫

ilikebaking Sun 13-Mar-16 20:38:31

I feel for you.
I am in a similar situation, and it's really really hard xx

DraenorQueen Sun 13-Mar-16 20:40:17

I feel exactly the same. Two progress meetings this week, science week activities for the whole school to resource and organise, 1:1 tuition, breakfast clubs, writing moderation and a few difficult conversations.

I'm off to bed now too but could quite happily not get up tomorrow.

Oscarandelliesmum Sun 13-Mar-16 20:57:23

God, I feel the same - have only gone back to ft classroom teaching last month and am sat working out how to tell the lovely ht that I want to leave and go on the supply list.

Aducknotallama Sun 13-Mar-16 21:41:14

Me too. Only been at my school since January and want to hand in my notice. Dreading tomorrow. Looking for alternatives to teaching for September.

Oscarandelliesmum Sun 13-Mar-16 21:50:17

sad thing is, i know that all the staff in school are miserable so just can't see it getting any better. I could work my socks off for five years and realise i hated every second but have also now got the regret of missing my own children grow up...( I just have no mental energy or time left at the end of the working day)
Or i could accept that ht will be upset but that this is the right decision for me and head to the supply pool. Good luck llama! What kind of alternatives are you looking at?

Aducknotallama Sun 13-Mar-16 22:45:04

Thanks, been looking at all sorts really mostly office based stuff. I have a ways been a teacher (am mid thirties) so not sure what else I could do but have had enough.

kippersyllabub Sun 13-Mar-16 22:52:43

But you might be my dc's teacher. The brilliant, fantastic, energetic teacher that's got her loving school this term. Don't feel disheartened. There's a class of children who need you tomorrow flowers

Cetti Mon 14-Mar-16 16:41:11

It's not a case of being disheartened kippersyllabub it's a case of physically being unable to do the job any longer. I left last July as I didn't have a life.

More useful than flowers would be lobbying your MP to ask when something is going to be done about the recruitment and retention crisis. Then about the funding crisis. There was an article by a head in a school not too far from me about having to run classes of 50 kids in last week's TES.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now