Maths SATS KS2

(10 Posts)
Needtoprotect16 Wed 10-Feb-16 11:35:35

Trying to help dd (10) with her maths - she lacks confidence. I've found some sample SATS KA2 2015 papers online which I thought I'd run through with her. There's an arithmetic and two reasoning papers. Trouble is, I'm hopeless at maths and am not absolutely sure I'd know all the correct answers. Are there answer sheets about? I've looked online and can't, for the life of me, find any.

Can anyone provide a link for me please?

HettyD Wed 10-Feb-16 21:29:28

Try the cgp books and tests, they have answers in the back!!. And the online papers have mark schemes as well if you google it. Hope this helps.

IHeartKingThistle Wed 10-Feb-16 21:34:49

On the arithmetic paper, bear in mind that they have to show working-out and will only get the mark if they have worked it out in the one government-approved method.

Don't get me started on what I think about that.

Needtoprotect16 Wed 10-Feb-16 21:47:32

School's advice was that for those questions on the arithmetic paper which had just 1 mark, try and do them without working out very quickly. If you get the right answer, you'll get the mark regardless. Spend time detailing the working out on questions with 2 marks. It's 35 questions in 30 mins I think, hence this advice.

Pulled in dd's older sister (14) to provide the answers with the reasoning papers so all's okay in the end. So glad I'm not 10.

partystress Wed 10-Feb-16 21:49:33

The point about method is only relevant if they get the answer wrong. Correct answers will get full marks no matter what method.

IHeartKingThistle Wed 10-Feb-16 22:03:32

Really? I hope that's true but that's not what our HT told us at our governors' meeting!

PicInAttic Wed 10-Feb-16 22:48:26

Told same as Party dress as LA/STA briefing on Mon. 2 marks for correct answer on long multiplication/division questions but poss of 1 mark for 'correct' methodology but careless error.

partystress Wed 10-Feb-16 22:49:19

www.gov.uk/government/publications/2016-key-stage-2-mathematics-test-sample-questions-mark-scheme-and-commentary. Page 2 in the description of Paper 1. (On tablet so apologies if link doesn't show properly.)

IHeartKingThistle Thu 11-Feb-16 16:06:30

Oh great. So if they get the right answer they will get 2 marks regardless of the method?

partystress Thu 11-Feb-16 18:05:25

Yes IHKT.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now