Which child is lying??

(7 Posts)
Tillyscoutsmum Wed 13-Jan-16 21:54:37

I'm an NQT in Year 5. My class are quite "fussy" - lots of bickering, falling out, 'he said this, she did that' type of things. I've generally dealt with it with lots of chats (individuals and whole class) about 'kind words' etc and discussion about friends having disagreements just being part of life.

However, I've not got an issue with 2 children where the 'bullying' word is being bandied around and parents are getting involved. I've spoken to both children (and parents) and the 'stories' are totally contradictory. One of them is clearly blatantly lying. But which one?? I have my own feelings from getting to know their personalities but have no proof either way. One of the mums also works at the school confused. The other mum is renowned for wanting to take any little issue "further"

Any ideas? I feel a bit daft getting SLT involved but should I be? Any tips from more experienced teachers?

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 13-Jan-16 22:04:36

That is a SLT matter and not one I'd be trying to deal with as a NQT.

As soon as the 'b' word leaves a parent's mouth- SLT!

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 13-Jan-16 22:06:24

Ok thanks. I suppose I've just wanted to avoid being a "needy" NQT. I do feel a little out of my depth on this though blush

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 13-Jan-16 22:09:01

You are not being needy, honestly. It is a SLT matter, that's all.

Tillyscoutsmum Wed 13-Jan-16 22:12:53

Thank you. I'll raise it tomorrow then. I swear I've spent 70% of my time and energy this week sorting out arguments!

Tarrarra Sat 16-Jan-16 23:29:16

What do other colleagues say? Have TAs or MTAs reported anything to you? When are the alleged incidents happening?

Pud2 Sun 24-Jan-16 16:05:09

I always use the 'if I were to check the cctv what would I see?' line, even though we don't actually have cctv in the classrooms. Works a treat and they soon own up! Liaising with Slt is the correct advice though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now