How to keep the little angels going in the heat...

(10 Posts)
xyx Mon 29-Jun-15 21:19:26

Well, apart from making fans in an impromptu art lesson, I have absolutely no idea...it really feels like it should be the end of term!!

toomuchicecream Mon 29-Jun-15 21:56:29

Now that's a good idea for tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to be trying to teach a Science lesson in which year 1 investigate which material would be best to make an umbrella from. Maybe I should adapt it and get them to investigate which one would make the best fan....

toomuchicecream Mon 29-Jun-15 21:59:12

Oh - and I have a runner so I can't even have the fire door open. I'm thinking that once they've tested the materials they could make and then test umbrellas - that would at least give them a good excuse to cover each other in water...

toomuchicecream Mon 29-Jun-15 21:59:15

Oh - and I have a runner so I can't even have the fire door open. I'm thinking that once they've tested the materials they could make and then test umbrellas - that would at least give them a good excuse to cover each other in water...

Minispringroll Tue 30-Jun-15 06:58:24

We're out on trips - educational ones. Lots of outdoorsy stuff going on this week. My class would be easily pleased with a trip to the park...but we might go to the beach for a day, try out the waterpark, have ice cream and play in the sand. They are Year 6 and I've pulled a normal teaching timetable off until this week. (They still have one piece of writing to finish and we've got lots of rehearsals to do....considering that we haven't actually started with them, yet.)

Notjustmummy Wed 01-Jul-15 05:52:36

Feel sorry for me..... Ofsted!

Ilikesweetpeas Wed 01-Jul-15 06:14:05

Oh no NotJustMummy! I hope it goes well for you wine for when it's over!

DoctorDonnaNoble Wed 01-Jul-15 06:34:35

I teach all boys at secondary level. It's quite stinky at the moment. And I'm nearly 29 weeks pregnant!confused

MrsUltracrepidarian Wed 01-Jul-15 18:22:13

Feel sorry for me..... Ofsted!
shock
Hopefully they'll also be too lethargic to care...

xyx Wed 01-Jul-15 20:29:23

Good luck, everyone being Ofsteded. What a week for it. You too Donna. For us in Primary, there's summer ideas on Activity Village. Keep those ideas coming!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now