Any teachers with fibromyalgia?

(6 Posts)
KinkyDorito Fri 26-Jun-15 08:01:31

I am having the biggest flare up I have ever experienced after a really full-on year at work. I work full time in a core subject and have a number of responsibilities. I've been run down for months and now I've hit the wall.

I just wondered if anyone else out there has fibro and how you manage your symptoms?

hels71 Fri 26-Jun-15 18:32:58

I work part time doing ppa cover. My house and garden are a tip and according to my daughter I am usually grumpy. I find it very hard

SuffolkNWhat Fri 26-Jun-15 18:34:04

Not fibromyalgia but I have CFS. I'm struggling big time at the moment and am limping my way to the end of term. It'll be a miracle if I get there without a crash.

KinkyDorito Fri 26-Jun-15 21:25:08

hels I know! My house looks horrendous. I'm also grumpy.

Suffolk are you FT or PT? Do you do anything to help you manage?

I've hit a wall and I'm off for the first time ever with it. Got a virus last weekend and fibro flared on the back of that. Feel absolutely wiped out.

I'm really starting to see how I'm becoming limited by it and I'm really fed up.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 27-Jun-15 22:23:08

I'm FT across two schools, I sleep when I can to get me through, DH is amazing and looks after our DC if I need to have the day in bed.

It is slowly getting better and September will be easier as I've got a new job a lot closer to home, still FT but only in one school.

KinkyDorito Sun 28-Jun-15 09:29:39

I sometimes feel like all I do is work and sleep Suffolk. I am on track to leadership, but starting to think I won't be able to do it. sad

Congrats on your new job. thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now