Apart from delivering subject knowledge, what do you end up doing?

(10 Posts)
TheHumourlessHarpy Wed 24-Jun-15 20:22:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Justtoobad Wed 24-Jun-15 20:35:00

Asking students to walk so their shoes do not squeak on floor (I have a first class degree and masters in Ed and plenty of experience) Pleeeeesssseee.

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 24-Jun-15 20:39:34

Medic, for a variety of problems from nose bleeds and hearing and sight tests to chickenpox investigator and nit policing.

Psychologist, for identifying, targeting and attempting to work with a variety of learning difficulties, mental health issues and assorted problems.

Junior police warden, for a variety of emotional outbursts, mostly violent, some involving the use of furniture as a stress ball.

UN Peace Keeper, for dealing with playground incidents and nine year old girls.

All Seeing Overlord for general classroom mischief.

And finally, eventually, teacher. For five minutes before the next incident stars.

Roll on the holidays!

noblegiraffe Wed 24-Jun-15 20:51:14

Skirt length police.

ppolly Wed 24-Jun-15 20:56:58

As a ta I am a script writer, wardrobe mistress, table wiper, tear wiper, word master, fight breaker, yoghurt opener, book finder, child locator, photocopy genius, comfort listener and holder of two degrees.

KateBeckett Wed 24-Jun-15 21:31:04

Clean children's teeth. hmm

RainbowSmash Wed 24-Jun-15 22:05:50

counselor, mediator, actor, data inputter, data analysist, laptop fixer, uniform policeman, comedian,

Jessica2point0 Thu 25-Jun-15 18:35:21

Spotting mobile phones, checking shirts are tucked in, proof-reading and collating reports, mediating a dispute over a pencil, cheerleading for low self esteem pupils, trying to (diplomatically) explain how I can be a feminist, physicist and catholic all at the same time. Success of the day - I didn't laugh at the yr12 who asked if you need ID to buy condoms.

nenehooo Thu 25-Jun-15 18:36:38

Detective.

MrsUltracrepidarian Fri 26-Jun-15 09:11:10

yr12 who asked if you need ID to buy condoms
sweet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now