MFL in Primary - what type of training do you want/need?

(4 Posts)
Euphemia Thu 11-Jun-15 18:41:08

I have an interview for a secondment to deliver training in French to primary teachers (Scottish 1+2 languages' policy).

I want to go prepared with ideas for the types of training teachers would like: games, songs, classroom routine, grammar, pronunciation? As a learner, would you prefer group, individual or whole class exercises?

If you were attending this type of training, what would you want?

Merci d'avance!

TheTroubleWithAngels Thu 11-Jun-15 19:03:49

1 + 2 fills me with dread!

Pronunciation is key to me- I don't have a good French accent at all (although I do have an A in my Higher shock!). I would love to get a list of good classroom vocab/ routine commands in French with a phonetic guide (ideal world- mp3 to listen to?).

I'd like to see examples of integrated language teaching in the average classroom. I hate courses where they show you videos of teaching 12 handpicked kids!

We have a brilliant book in the staffroom with lots of formative assessment stuff in Spanish- something like that in French would also be ideal.

I would prefer a mix of group, individual and whole class exercises. I'd also like to see a progression pathway from p1-7 and what you would generally expect them to be able to do by the time they go up to secondary.

Will have a think for anything else.

Euphemia Thu 11-Jun-15 19:22:46

Thanks!

Do you have access to the Power Language Platform website? Fabulous resources and plans for P1-7 on there, including wee speakers you can click to hear the pronunciation.

TheTroubleWithAngels Thu 11-Jun-15 20:02:03

No- never heard of it! Looks great though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now