6th former with baby

(5 Posts)
EvilTwins Mon 01-Jun-15 19:35:46

One of my 6th form students has recently had a baby and is now taking some time off before returning in September to continue with her studies. She brought the baby in today, when I was teaching her class, sat in on the lesson, fed the baby (she's breastfeeding) and threw in some ideas for the class work whilst letting me have a little cuddle with her child. It was lovely for so many reasons - 1 - she fed the baby and no one batted an eyelid, 2 - everyone was pleased to see her but no one treated her like a novelty sideshow, 3 - she felt comfortable enough to bring the baby in in the first place.

Just goes to show that it CAN work...

Made me smile for the rest of the day.

OddBoots Mon 01-Jun-15 19:37:21

This is lovely. smile

Wotsitsareafterme Mon 01-Jun-15 19:37:57

That's awesome. Good for her. And you and the school for bring relaxed and supportive. Yay

Pointlessfan Mon 01-Jun-15 19:40:04

That's brilliant and so lovely to hear about a young person breastfeeding - I think that's quite unusual.

Cookiecake Mon 01-Jun-15 19:40:27

That's really nice, I was pregnant in sixth form and had my son just after exams so had to collect results once I'd finished and I didn't really feel comfortable to take my son in with me. Nobody said anything but I felt quite awkward the whole of my pregnancy (teachers were very helpful though). Very nice to hear such a positive story though as there are many negative ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now