Any Scottish teachers? My job application query.

(5 Posts)
Frecklefeatures Tue 26-May-15 22:00:50

I'm getting in a massive tizz trying to fill out the online application form. As I was in my previous post for years, likewise the one before that, I've never had to fill in an online application form. Can anyone give me some advice as to how much information I should give for role/responsibilities sections, or what type of information would help? It's been a long time since I've had to do this, although I'm hoping that as the area I'm applying in has a teacher shortage I shouldn't panic too much! Also, I've ma Any help/sympathy gratefully received.smile

Lidlfix Tue 26-May-15 23:04:14

You might get more traffic in Scotsnet I know there's a few teachers posting there. Is it a myjobscotland application? If so you are often restricted to a very small amount of characters, especially for the questions - I've used the current role to ensure I squeeze in anything I think is relevant to the application. Do it in Word first will help you monitor your diminishing characters wink Good luck!

Frecklefeatures Tue 26-May-15 23:22:56

Thanks, I'm getting there (slowly), it's not giving me character limits which is part of the issue, plus adding new jobs seems to be random, they went all out of order but my lovely husband has sorted them. smile

TheTroubleWithAngels Wed 27-May-15 17:09:46

It's an arse of a system, never works!

Are you primary or secondary?

I'm primary... so organising events (e.g. Health Week, Science Day), home-school links, transitions, ASN and inclusion is always a biggie, outdoor learning or IDL events you've had a big part to play in, leading the citizenship group etc. Tie everything into the 4 capacities and include the buzzwords and you'll be grand!

Apparently we're moving to SALs and not Es and Os, might be something to consider slotting in if you know more about it than me!

nothingtodotoday Tue 02-Jun-15 07:49:25

Hi

I have just been helping people with these. My advice is to relate the information in the personal statement part to the person spec for the job. What skills can you bring to the post, what TheTroubleWithAngels said above...raising attainment, behaviour management. Also read the SIP for the school you are applying to and link to that..

In your previous jobs write what skills you developed, eg Responsible for the organisation of..., and in your previous teaching posts mention Curriculum for Ex, planning, teaching, assessing etc

Hope this helps, good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now