Can I aak teachers a SATS question please?

(7 Posts)
sunnydayinmay Mon 11-May-15 16:46:59

What happens if a child has a mental blank and puts the wrong date of birth on a SATS paper?

(and if DS's teacher is a mumsnetter, hello!)

AdorabeezleWinterpop Mon 11-May-15 17:38:32

We checked all of ours before they were packaged up. There were some errors with dob grin

RupertTheBear Mon 11-May-15 17:48:28

We check all ours too. It was amazing how many Y6s didn't know their DOBs.

sunnydayinmay Mon 11-May-15 17:50:38

TBH, DS's would be the first you would check, so hopefully the school picked it up.

He is your typical 100% in a maths paper, but would go to school without his trousers unless you remind him.grin

Pippidoeswhatshewants Sat 23-May-15 16:50:01

Any idea what happens to children who can't spell their (middle) name?
Found out by chance today that ds spelt it wrong. On every single paper. confused

spanieleyes Sat 23-May-15 17:18:10

Same thing, we check everything on the front of the paper for accuracy, we're just not allowed to peek inside!

MiaowTheCat Sat 23-May-15 19:40:00

I mark SATs so I can tell you this bit for certain. It's changed a bit this year but previously I've had the papers physically sitting on my dining table at this point in the whole thing so know how packaged they are when they end up at the markers!

Schools normally double/triple check them before sending them off - put them into the same alphabetical order as on the marksheets and check for things like kids who've got different surnames they're known as than on their official stuff, or that Fred is known to everyone (including himself) for some inexplicable reason as Ethelbert or whatever... normally it'll have been picked up by then. Not being able to spell names is actually surprisingly common as well! Then in previous years we've had to cross check every script we've received with the marksheets the school said had been sent to make sure they're all there - which usually involves sitting there with a ruler to keep our place and going through the pile one at a time... being honest - the only time DOB really comes into it here is if you're checking things like kids with the same surname and similar to make sure the right child is being credited with the script.

This year stuff's been marked on-screen (my dining table is happy at this change) so it's a bit different but generally the system is fairly good at figuring out quirks, Johns who can't spell their own name and the like!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now