KS3 Geography text recommendations please?

(4 Posts)
Phineyj Wed 20-Aug-14 17:14:50

Hi, I have somehow been timetabled to teach a period of year 7 Geography this year (I'm an Economics teacher really) I am alarmed to note that the first 9 weeks are map work, something at which I definitely do not excel blush - I'm getting flashbacks to Duke of Edinburgh's award already! Can any of you kind people recommend a KS3 Geog textbook I can read over the next few weeks to get the basics? Ideally it would cover mapping, settlement, EU, resources, rivers and tourism so I can get a bit ahead on understanding the SoW.

thefemaleJoshLyman Thu 21-Aug-14 00:03:47

Does your school not have texts you can borrow?

Geog.1 is quite good for map skills, although it is normally featured in any year 7 text. You might have to browse through others. (I'm a bit out of date with textbooks). I have actually written a teacher book on the EU, although it is a little dated now.

PM me if you want any specific help. Geography is the beet subject. wink

Phineyj Sat 23-Aug-14 15:34:41

I might take you up on that, thank you. Yes we do have texts but I want to hit the ground running so to speak, as my main priority is my 50 or so year 12s who are starting my 'proper' subject. I looked at BBC Bitesize for Geography and it seemed good. Nice to hear such enthusiasm for Geography - I was a bit taken aback but have noticed lots of crossover with Economics.

Kablooger Sat 23-Aug-14 15:35:32

Everyone uses Waugh. Which us vintage. When I taught it one lesson was where to site euro disney. I'm not joking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now