international schools - is it good idea to apply if I have 2 kids primary school age?

(3 Posts)
printerbox25 Tue 19-Aug-14 14:22:58

I am completely new to this. But wonder if it would be a good idea to search for teaching jobs abroad, but I have 2 kids primary school age... so ideally it would be good to look for permanent position if such thing is possible abroad? I will also look for jobs in the UK - I am looking for a HOD position, but if not successful in the UK I do not mind going abroad...please let me know your thoughts. thank you all!

Youarejustwordsonascreenpeople Tue 19-Aug-14 22:28:36

Primary age is a brilliant time to work abroad. We have 2 primary and 1 secondary and my DH is HOD in the secondary section of the school.

If you are going abroad then make sure you get a good package and make sure you research the schools thoroughly as not all schools are created equal.

Happy36 Thu 21-Aug-14 18:51:12

I work in an international school and would agree with the previous poster that your kids will love the opportunity to experience life in a foreign school.

Also agree that you need to ensure your family medical care, etc. is provided as well as active financial and physical help with moving and getting settled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now