performance managment related pay for support staff??

(4 Posts)
sideshowbob2 Wed 13-Aug-14 10:58:50

i have worked in the same primary school for nearly 11 years as a learning support assistant, occasionally we have had performance management meetings and nothing else!!
in September 2012 this jolly lady arrived at great expensive to the school to improve, more like change things and make more work for everyone!!
she said every LST had to have a performance management folder and had to show there worth or their pay would be effected, as your performance management folder contributes to your pay, is this really true???
there are 3 targets to meet and you have to put evidence in for each target, some of which is related to intervention work and target tracker and whether the children in your group move up points or not!!
what i don't understand is should i be worried about this, as i have to do plans for my interventions but i am not given sufficient time to write all these plans so i plan for 1 out of the 3 groups, the intervention comes in a folder and i follow the pre-written plans, ofsted never looked at my planning when they came in june plus neither do any of my line managers!! so don't see the point to be honest, i'm there for the children not to write i thousands of pieces of paper that this jolly lady has introduced!!

sideshowbob2 Fri 22-Aug-14 14:05:28

bump
any learning support teachers or teaching assistants out there??

I think it's fair enough tbh, although the school I worked in didn't link performance to pay we were expected to demonstrate how what we did improved attainment and outcomes.

The PM should be monitored internally anyway, so it's there for inspections and all correct. Your line managers should be checking your planning.

sideshowbob2 Fri 22-Aug-14 14:46:17

thanks just think its a bit late in the day really!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now