anyone else all restless in week one of the holidays?

(20 Posts)
PittTheYounger Tue 29-Jul-14 18:59:41

i cant quite relax but also cant quite be arsed to do anything.

Maidupmum Tue 29-Jul-14 20:52:16

I don't sleep well sad

Sparklingbrook Tue 29-Jul-14 20:59:11

I just feel all on edge. No routine. sad

PittTheYounger Tue 29-Jul-14 21:01:37

i am bored. But not bored enough to rewrite a SOW or do a bathroom deep clean

LabrysHolder Tue 29-Jul-14 21:51:14

I'm restless and bored and not quite sure what to do with myself.
I'm starting a job at a new school and have lots of lessons to plan but no motivation to do that yet.
I'm achingly aware that nearly a week has gone from my 5.5 weeks and I've accomplished very little. Home is a bit tidier though.

Guilianna Tue 29-Jul-14 23:19:12

God no! I absolutely love the holidays. Drove straight down to the coast on Friday for a festival, caught up with friends, lovely long days at lido. Total pleasure!

PittTheYounger Wed 30-Jul-14 01:48:54

That's not the point.

TheLateMrsLizCromwell Wed 30-Jul-14 07:49:51

PTY - yes! feeling like battery hen that has been released from the coop, and can't quite yet acclimatise... Will take about 6 weeks, I reckon - oh...

DownByTheRiverside Wed 30-Jul-14 07:57:54

I think it is the point.
Planning to do something interesting and different in the first week of the holidays always helped me rehabilitate to being a normal human being. Far more refreshing for me to have three days of something completely unrelated to teaching at the beginning of the holidays than a week at the end when I was bracing myself for reimmersion into the insanity and stress of the term.

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Wed 30-Jul-14 08:03:53

I dread to say it, but I'm slightly bored. Dd has been away. Dsons might as well be for all the interaction I get. Dh at work. Friends away.I could clean the house...

DownByTheRiverside Wed 30-Jul-14 08:15:55

What's the point of a holiday if you don't do something different in it?

PittTheYounger Wed 30-Jul-14 08:48:51

I have done the going away in week one thing and found it utterly demoralising to come back to kids school uniform in the wash!
Mine are older now and they have opinions as to what we do when

DownByTheRiverside Wed 30-Jul-14 09:07:53

Wait until they are really old, then you leave them at home. smile

Sparklingbrook Wed 30-Jul-14 09:19:35

Just realised I have no business being in The Staff Room. Sorry. blush <closes door quietly>

DownByTheRiverside Wed 30-Jul-14 09:26:04

Not an exclusive club, but this is the Post-Teaching Stress Disorder time of year. The eye of the storm. smile

EvilTwins Wed 30-Jul-14 12:18:31

I'm into week 2 and still feeling a bit restless. I've been into school twice this week and have attempted to tidy up and do a bit of marking but found motivation somewhat lacking.

CatKisser Wed 30-Jul-14 14:07:39

I've been in too but my classroom is waiting for new desks so I can't faff around with layout yet. Absolutely no motivation to crack on with any planning at this point!

petalpower Wed 30-Jul-14 17:48:30

Has anyone else got the traditional start of holidays cold and sore throat?
I can't seem to settle either. I've been into school to clear my old classroom and have started moving into the new one (changing year group) but there's so much to do. I'm back in again for another day next week and keep thinking about sorting resources and planning etc but I am lacking motivation.

trinity0097 Wed 30-Jul-14 20:32:54

I love the holidays I can work in peace at school! Had the first week off lying on a sun bed in Cyprus, but I am now back in full time.

Happy36 Wed 06-Aug-14 10:30:36

I´m a bit "ahead" of some of you as our last teaching day was 26 June (in Spain). We´re back on 25th August (staff) and to be honest I can´t wait! I like to spend time with my family but I do love to be in a routine. Yesterday I met with 3 colleagues for lunch and the pool and I was so excited to get the opportunity to talk about work - I didn´t shut up all day blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now