Is it normal to have a love/ hate relationship with teaching?

(3 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Fri 11-Jul-14 21:44:31

Or do I have major issues? In my last ( private) school I was bullied out of a job. I was on a .7 timetable that was just not compatible with being a mum. I was threat ended by a student and not backed up by management.

Fast foward a few months and I've been working in a comp only two days a week, kids are fab, so are staff. They are pleased with me but I'm not staying on. I am just so confused. I think I do want to stay in teaching but not ft.

I love: my subject, the kids, my nice colleagues.

I hate: politics, the heavy workload( English marking), the fact that everything is the teachers fault.

Aibu?

superstarheartbreaker Fri 11-Jul-14 21:45:30

Also, as a single mum the holidays are very handy. When teaching is going well I do wonder why I ever hated it so much.

Cernabbas Sat 12-Jul-14 11:50:49

I know exactly what you mean. When the going is good, it is great, when it isn't, it feels like the worst job ever.
Think about what you would do if you didn't teach, and if you were doing this, would it be better than teaching?
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now