End of year gifts.

(5 Posts)
phlebasconsidered Fri 11-Jul-14 19:29:28

I need some help! I have had my year 5 class for 7 months. I was thinking home-made bookmarks with their photos on, with acrostics of their name, showing adjectives and adverbs that make up their personality. Plus some sweets, loom bands and a postcard saying what they did well this year and a wish for next year. Is that too much / enough? I've only got a week and i'm not sure what else to do. What are other teachers doing?

Yangsun Fri 11-Jul-14 19:36:00

Wow, that sounds amazing (and like a lot of work), my dd is tiny but I think I would be so touched if her teacher did something like this.

It reminds me how very different the primary and secondary worlds are, I have very occasionally written cards to a group of sixth formers who have been a particular joy to teach and will buy a bag or two of funsized chocs for my groups but never anything so personal. It cuts both ways though - anyone other than a child who's about to leave school wouldn't be seen dead giving the teacher a gift no matter how many lunchtimes we give up.

MirandaWest Fri 11-Jul-14 19:39:13

My DC generally get maybe a small bag of sweets and/or a pencil or similar from their teacher - I think I'd feel a bit embarrassed if they got lots of things (although of course it would be very nice of the teacher)

steppemum Fri 11-Jul-14 21:59:58

very generous, but one of those things would be more than enough

Eastpoint Sat 12-Jul-14 07:51:52

One of my DCs was given a photo key ring once, that was a big success. They've also been given books but they are a bit of a waste as we've always had them already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now