Complaints about quality of course

(6 Posts)
unhappyalumnus Sun 06-Jul-14 10:03:03

Several of us have very serious issues with the quality of our PGCE course, raised through the year and ignored.
Has anyone any advice on claims against the Uni - we have all paid £9k for the course and want to take action - has anyone been thought this - would appreciate any views/experiences.
For obvious reasons do not want to give details about the locality.

Spinaroo Sun 06-Jul-14 10:15:03

What are your complaints? With whom have you already raised them. First of all, you will need to detail very concern you have raised and the response- I would say individually. If a group of you decide you have complaints and some of those individuals have not raised any throughout the year it will look opportunistic and mean valid complaints taken less seriously. ( this is why I also ask about the nature of your complaints)

noblegiraffe Sun 06-Jul-14 10:24:34

Have you made your complaints through the correct channels (the procedure must be made public on the university website).

unhappyalumnus Sun 06-Jul-14 12:40:53

Many thanks - our specifics are different, so probably we should pursue separately.

iwantavuvezela Sun 06-Jul-14 12:43:07

I think you will need to go through the formal complaint route". Find out from student services or hR what these are, what you need to fill out. Once they are raised formally then the university will have to address these. The more complaints there are the harder they will be to ignore.

lionheart Sun 06-Jul-14 14:43:00

You should also be able to get advice from your students' union.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now