Soon to be year 1s, 15 minute number activity? Help for a no confident teacher?

(5 Posts)
Jellypudmum Fri 04-Jul-14 16:43:34

I have posted my sorry tale of always coming runner up in the job interview stakes a few timessad
I am exhausted, totally bereft of confidence and in need of new eyes / suggestions.
Just found out I have an interview, presentation and teaching session! Interview ok (I hope). Presentation title will be given on the day (scared)! But what fantastic activity will wow them for a 15 minute number activity with 10 children due to go into Year 1 in September.
My confidence and sanity really need me to succeed this time but I can't seem to get to grips with what to do?
Please please help?blush

georgebear103 Sat 05-Jul-14 22:39:01

What about ordering numbers game. I play one where I give all chn a number card. All dance around. If I shout order they have to get into order, if I shout pairs they find a partner and the smaller number crouches down, bigger number stretches up. Shout swap and they swap cards with someone. Anyway all the best!

kscience Sun 06-Jul-14 00:55:57

The only way to truly be confident is to use an activity that you are confident in. What is your favourite number activity? How can you adapt this to a small group?

Do something that you know inside out and back to front and then you can relax and have some fun with it

Jellypudmum Sun 06-Jul-14 17:42:18

Thank you! Am just really doubting every idea I come up with!!

LumpySpacedPrincess Sun 06-Jul-14 19:37:43

What about something that demonstrates they understand the language, greater than, lesser than etc. they could stand for greater / bigger and make themselves small for lesser / smaller.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now