Just failed my research for my PGCE. Totally devastated.

(17 Posts)
quellerosiel Thu 03-Jul-14 16:24:55

That's just it really. Wedding in three weeks, just failed my research and haven't even had a single decent job interview despite applying for loads. They've said it needs "adjustments" but the uni has been total shit all year so I bet that translates to "re-write". Why did I ever have delusions that I was clever enough to do this?

Sorry for the rant. Just got told yesterday I wasn't even shortlisted for my dream job and now this. Gutted.

Justtoobad Thu 03-Jul-14 19:32:38

I can help you, you can pm me. What's your subject and key stage?

toomuchicecream Thu 03-Jul-14 20:57:47

What sort of job are you looking for and where in the country. Still plenty of jobs available for September in Bucks...

Hobnobissupersweet Thu 03-Jul-14 23:51:39

why don't you tell us on here your subject and general area, then those who can may be able to help (probably by PM if you prefer)

Hobnobissupersweet Thu 03-Jul-14 23:52:01

general geographical area

TheLateMrsLizCromwell Fri 04-Jul-14 11:57:24

Primary or secondary - what subject? When is resubmission deadline?
A fellow student was in this position - totally useless unit - wonder if it was the same one - Contact the unit academic support office now! - she did this, and they were very useful, helpful , responsive - she emailed them the essay, they responded rapidly with very useful advice on specific things to change, she did and passed. You have paid fees for this service. Use it! Feel free to PM me - very happy to help.

TheLateMrsLizCromwell Fri 04-Jul-14 11:57:52

uni not unit

CharlesRyder Fri 04-Jul-14 16:30:02

Also still many jobs in my area, including mine which I am leaving. Are you in a position to travel far for work?

Curioushorse Fri 04-Jul-14 16:49:05

Agree with everybody. Somebody can help. I have an MEd, so may be able to. Subject? Assessment criteria?

Also (cough) my school still has around 15 jobs going for Sept. There is an obvious reason for that though......

quellerosiel Fri 04-Jul-14 20:34:54

Thanks so much for the responses you lovely lovely people! Had a tutorial today so things a little clearer now. Got a to do list and cracking on, things seem a little less doom and gloom now.

I'm in Forest of Dean/Bristol, PGCE is Post Compulsory Education and Training ie 16+ and I do drama/performing arts. Looking like cover for me come September though, drama is bottom of everyone's priorities unfortunately!

quellerosiel Fri 04-Jul-14 20:35:50

Have to say it was very telling when my tutor told me that 3 people failed the research and all on the same domain in the same area. Says something about their flipping teaching!! Course has been an utter shambles!

EvilTwins Fri 04-Jul-14 22:26:07

Where are you doing the course? I'm performing arts in your area but post 16 is quite a specific age. Just curious - why did you do that and not secondary?

TheLateMrsLizCromwell Sat 05-Jul-14 12:07:38

We had loads of people failing the research too.

quellerosiel Sat 05-Jul-14 14:46:34

I did it at UWE. I really want to work in colleges, I'm a big believer in vocational education and want to work in that way. I trained vocationally myself and it was totally the right path for me so I want to show people the value in that way of educating over enthusiastic NQT alert

Really tough seeing people posting their success all over fbook... I'm really happy for them but sat here attempting to get mine re-done... but I am getting married three weeks today so I am determined to get it done ASA FREAKING P!!!!

EvilTwins Sat 05-Jul-14 14:50:02

Might it be worth looking at secondary schools that do L3 BTEC Performing Arts in their 6th forms? Not necessarily your dream job, but a L3 BTEC is what colleges do too.

quellerosiel Sat 05-Jul-14 14:53:33

Yea I've been keeping an eye out for that kind of thing but its so low on the priority list for most schools that any jobs that do come up are overwhelmed with applicants. I've sent out a load of speculative stuff to see what comes up. Thinking of starting something on my own to be honest, little after school classes maybe. I don't know! Something will come up. Trying not to stress too much so I can actually enjoy wedding/honeymoon smile

Such helpful suggestions, when I first posted I was literally in rant mode and just wanted to vent but its so lovely to get such great support smile

Justtoobad Sat 05-Jul-14 18:57:31

Another idea is to work with special needs, my friend is a pa student/teacher and loves working in the community and time in a special school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now