present help please

(7 Posts)
mymatemax Sun 25-May-14 22:17:20

Help, I'm really stuck. My son has 1 to1 at school and the same wonderful amazing TA for the last 3 years, she has made a huge difference to him, he is a much happier more confident child.
Anyway, she is leaving so I need to find a present which is a thankyou from him and us.
What would be a wonderful present to receive.
Please don't say something homemade as I am totally useless when it comes to anything creative

mrsmilesmatheson Mon 26-May-14 07:13:41

I love getting cards with personal messages in them, also can you write to the head and tell them too! I have kept all of my cards from over ten years of teaching, they last longer and mean more than any chocolates or flowers.

Maybe ask the class teacher or another TA what your T. A likes? My dd is currently growing sunflower plants to give as presents, if they don't work I usually do nice pen and notebook or a nice bottle of wine if I know they drink.

deemented Mon 26-May-14 07:21:33

What about a little plant, in a nice pot with a tag that says 'Thank you for helping me grow' ?

For my DD's teacher I'm getting a nice bottle of wine, with a tag that says 'After teaching me for a year you probably need this...' grin

breward Mon 26-May-14 10:48:07

I have received some lovely plants for the garden over the years. A buddleia bush from a girl when we were learning about minibeasts, a cherry tree from an SEN child with a message about helping them to blossom, a rose bush chosen for its name etc.

You can't go wrong with a plant.

Ewieindwie1 Mon 26-May-14 15:05:21

I think a plant is a lovely idea but something your DS has written would be nice too and be a very sweet idea.

mymatemax Tue 27-May-14 00:14:41

Thank you all for the ideas. Given me lots to think about.
I have already written to the head and the chair of governors.

My ds2 really wouldn't be as able as he is today without his amazing teachers and TA's. They have pushed him and helped him to grow far more than we ever could.

You lot really do have & do an amazing job!

lechers Tue 27-May-14 09:53:35

I think the plant idea is fab - and I hate plants!

Honestly though, nothing means more to me than a few well chosen, heartfelt words in a card. They can make me cry! I prefer a card over presents any day of the week smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now