Fiver challenge - Virgin/young enterprise

(6 Posts)
mrsmilesmatheson Sun 11-May-14 08:33:15

I'm looking for some advice on this project.

Virgin put up a £5 pledge per child which they use over a month to make a profit through their own mini business.

The money would get transferred into the school bank account, but how to distribute to the children? Bursar is saying it will be tricky as she doesn't have a cash card.

Has anyone done this or is doing this next month? How have you worked the finances?

mrsmilesmatheson Sun 11-May-14 16:48:19

Anyone doing this?

AppleSnow Tue 13-May-14 19:04:20

Not the same thing exactly but my daughter's (secondary) school gave each pupil £5 with instructions to make as much money from it as possible for the school charity. They were just given a fiver in an envelope. Then the pupils brought the cash they had made back in and the school subtracted the £5 they'd given out.

marymoocow Tue 13-May-14 21:22:16

Our secondary school does a similar thing with Y8 each year. As a parent you can choose whether to give your child the 5 pound and then claim it back out of the fundraising or to ask the school to give them it. I always leave the 5 pounds in though as a donation as it is a brilliant charitysmile

OldBeanbagz Wed 14-May-14 14:29:39

Can the bursar not just go to the bank to withdraw the cash?

If she phones them in advance she should be able to take out the money in £5 notes. How many children are there?

mrsmilesmatheson Thu 15-May-14 06:02:11

Thanks for the advice everyone.

It is all sorted, at last, the office like to be difficult wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now