Just want to share with someone – very very very upset…did not get my dream job

(5 Posts)
pencilcase11 Tue 06-May-14 13:55:17

cannot get rid of the feeling of failure and sadness of not getting the job that seemed to be my dream job ( I could put my kids there), close to home, fulfilling role, great school. I still think and "cry in my heart" everyday...Want to cut off my feelings through this post and leave it there...so that I can start a new chapter/ very very very difficult for me

Imsosorryalan Tue 06-May-14 17:19:19

Sorry, you didn't get your job. It's awful when you have your heart set on something. Although, I'm a great believer in fate and that a better offer is just round the corner ;-)

I'm also frustrated at the mon as I'm trying to make the move into senco work and the school I'm volunteering for have just done the dirty on me. Don't want to say too much but it's annoying as I don't seem to be getting a break either.

Thetimes123 Tue 06-May-14 18:07:26

It's totally rubbish, is there any way you can offer your services to the school somehow to get your foot in the door, get face to face feedback and then make an offer, eg after school club, a day a week working as a TA, coaching teachers, doing an inset training session etc

Good luck smile

Dancingqueen17 Sun 11-May-14 17:43:43

Is this the job you pm me about? Really sorry you didn't get it. Have you been able to get any feedback from the interview?

ThistledownAndCobweb Sun 11-May-14 17:49:38

Is's horrible isn't it. I think that when you apply for a job you really want you put your heart and soul into it and allow yourself to imagine what it would be like if you got the job.

When you don't you have to deal with the loss of that possible future.

Years ago the first time it happened to me I was devastated - as it turned out it was probably a good thing I didn't get the post but at the time I was gutted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now