When do people apply for new jobs-only if you are unhappy at present school or for CPD?

(3 Posts)
pencilcase11 Fri 02-May-14 01:20:02

Have been in my present school for about 10 years and is ok. Do I need to look for new jobs to broaden my experience?

kscience Fri 02-May-14 05:37:10

I have moved for both reasons and each are equally valid. Have you spoken to your line manager about opportunities within your current school? or even your head teacher? They may well offer you opportunities that are in the pipeline, as it is a win/win, you get the developemnt and they get to keep a valued member of staff
It is so difficult to know if you are moving into supportive school with a good ethos towards staff and pupils.

negrilbaby Mon 12-May-14 22:28:42

If you are happy and still enjoying your job - why move? The grass is not always greener ...
I have moved jobs twice for professional development and once to try something different (and in all those cases for more money).
My first school had a very, very stable staff and the only way forward for professional development was to move on or wait for someone to reach retirement. Many teachers held their posts for 20+ years. It was a very happy school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now