School in SM, I'm knackered.

(8 Posts)

Just that really. We are getting better, been in SM about 5 months. But I am so am so tired. It isn't going to get better any time soon is it?

Cataline Wed 30-Apr-14 22:45:27

It's the most awful feeling isn't it? We're not in SM (yet!) but with an Ofsted imminent and massive issues with the school, I wouldn't be surprised if we end up there soon.
Is half term soon for you? Even if it's just a chance to spend more time working, the pace is less relentless! It's ridiculous isn't it?!
Are you getting any time to switch off? I'm working every evening but make sure I have at least one full day off at the weekend and do lovely things with the family. I also insist on 45 minutes of uninterrupted bath time each evening where I read my book - it def helps!!
Keep thinking of those Summer holidays and take each day as it comes- you'll get there!

phlebasconsidered Thu 01-May-14 14:50:17

Me too!
Leaving in July, in fact.
It's no fun at all, is it? So much pressure, so many stats. I feel guilty if I am not working every moment. I work 7-5, have 2 hours with my own kids, then work till 11. Every Sunday for at least 6 hours too.
I'm counting down the days.

SM has turned our school into a deadzone. So many staff bullied out, so many staff leaving, no-one talking. Staffroom has tumbleweeds in from no-one daring to sit down lest they be spotted by person-in-charge SITTING without WORKING.

horrid.

Thetimes123 Fri 02-May-14 20:59:07

Not nice at all, what are they asking you to do? Can you say you need more support?

AHardDaysWrite Fri 02-May-14 21:05:38

SM here too. Every school will be soon, the way things are going! Luckily I work in a school with a fab head and supportive SLT. They do still exist and it makes sm bearable.

I'm part of the SLT, trying to juggle SENCO and maths subject leader and teach a yr6.

This week we had a visit from LEA and partner school head- both involving paperwork and observation, then a book scrutiny. Next week it's more observations and book scrutiny, SEN support (I'm quite new to post), to talk about stuff I finished putting in place last week.

I need to prepare for SATs but need to be 'teaching' when all these visitors want to observe. Oh, and we have been 'chosen' to do science papers too. Lucky us.

Love working with the children. Fucking hate the rest of it.

Thetimes123 Sat 03-May-14 17:32:48

That does not sound fun at all, are you drowning in paperwork?

Cataline Sat 03-May-14 21:16:51

How has your week been Queen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now