NQT Interview - no information

(13 Posts)
SoFetch Wed 23-Apr-14 18:56:26

I received a phone call about an interview at about 4.00 this afternoon and was told that they would email me the information about the day, including the lesson that they want me to teach. I've been checking every five minutes and they haven't. The interview is on Friday and I wanted to have it planned by tonight so that my mentor (I'm doing a PGCE) can have a look over it tomorrow.

Of course their office is going to be closed by now, but would it seem pushy if I were to phone them first thing tomorrow? I'll be teaching from 9.00 so I'll have to call at about 8.45 if I want to start planning soon.

DuckandCat Wed 23-Apr-14 19:01:47

No such thing as 'pushy' when a job is involved (IMO!). You can always say you wanted to check incase they didn't have the correct email address?

But definitely call! Good luck thanks

SoFetch Wed 23-Apr-14 19:05:16

Thank you! I will definitely call tomorrow in that case.

17leftfeet Wed 23-Apr-14 19:06:40

Have you double checked your spam folder!

17leftfeet Wed 23-Apr-14 19:07:05

Sorry that should have been a question mark

jemimarose Wed 23-Apr-14 19:13:27

This sort of happened to me, got info what they wanted me to teach but no details. Had to keep emailing asking about time I had, year group, sen, IT available to me........got the job, love it and they were super impressed about how dogged I was about getting everything right! Apparently best thing about my lesson was checking / getting every student involved. Good luck, keep us informed or me anyway! grin

SoFetch Wed 23-Apr-14 19:15:16

Yep, double and triple checked! I hope she gets back to me fairly early on.

Jemima that sounds hopeful! I will do smile

SoFetch Thu 24-Apr-14 17:59:33

Hi again,

I have now heard back from the school and am all planned for tomorrow. However, they have sent me a form that I have to fill in and bring with me that asks all sorts of questions about my health, such as 'have you ever been admitted to hospital?' or 'are you taking any medication?'

I do have health issues that I try not to let affect my work. I usually choose not to declare this on job applications in case it will hinder my chances, but this doesn't seem to be optional and has a declaration to sign at the end of it.

I haven't yet had to fill out such a form for other applications or interviews, so I'm wondering if this is the norm?

Yangsun Thu 24-Apr-14 18:03:53

These forms used to be very common but my understanding that they are no longer allowed as they allow discrimination. In your situation I would ring my union to clarify whether I had to fill it in. However you may find yourself in a difficult position as the school could earmark you as 'difficult' before the interview has even started.

SoFetch Thu 24-Apr-14 20:14:34

Thank you yangsun. I thought it was a bit odd. I will take up your advice - thanks again!

SoFetch Sat 26-Apr-14 21:26:39

Just an update I didn't have to fill in the health check form in the end and I got the job! Thank you for your advice, I'm over the moon grin

Yangsun Mon 28-Apr-14 17:38:53

Congratulations, I'm glad all went so well!

SoFetch Mon 28-Apr-14 18:01:44

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now