KIT days and interviews...

(6 Posts)
louloutheshamed Tue 11-Mar-14 15:16:52

I posted this in going back to work but people suggested I tried here:

I am a secondary teacher currently on my second maternity leave. I am applying for 2 internal posts at my school which start in Sept, by which time I will be back ft.

I would have liked to have done some KIT days in between now and going back, obv this would involve arranging childcare, either asking my dh or dm to have the dcs. However, now that it is likely that I will have one or possibly two interviews which are day long affairs, I feel like I need to save the childcare for these rather than KIT days so will miss out on KIT pay...

Soooo, this is prob a v stupid suggestion but do you think it would be ridiculously cheeky to ask if I could take the interview day(s) as a KIT day?

louloutheshamed Tue 11-Mar-14 18:15:31

Bumping for the back from work Crowd....

LuvMyBoyz Thu 13-Mar-14 03:47:25

KIT days? Is this a maternity related thing?

ClearlyMoo Thu 13-Mar-14 04:17:12

I'm not a teacher, but about to start maternity leave (3 weeks and counting) and have looked into KIT days. If you were working full time would the interview happen on a day you're usually paid for? Do you have an approachable Head of Dept/HT? If so then is there harm in asking? If it feels cheeky it probably is but it shouldn't hurt to ask... as long as you don't think the very fact of asking will jeopardise your application for the new roles? Good luck!

Kezzybear Thu 13-Mar-14 06:01:35

I don't think you can have an interview as a KIT day. If you had an interview at a different school, you wouldn't be paid.

Springcleanish Thu 13-Mar-14 06:21:27

No, I think the interview is separate, not a KIT day. Good luck with the interviews x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now