Illness dilemma

(8 Posts)
josiecat Sun 09-Mar-14 13:41:58

If you have d& v on Sunday do you go into work on Monday? Dd had it fri night but ok yday & today so far. I feel really sick, can't eat at all. Do I wait & see how I feel in am? Dd seemed to recover quickly.

You MUST look after yourself. You'd be livid if one of your class went in then threw up everywhere. Also, you'll be washed out and exhausted.

A colleague soldiered on with what turned out to be Campylobacter. It's a wonder the whole school didn't get it. He was shattered for weeks because he didn't give himself time to recover fully. Taking time of sick is a PITA, but in the long term it's just not worth the grief if you don't get yourself better properly.

Euphemia Sun 09-Mar-14 20:33:37

If you're actually sick/have diahorrea then don't go to work until 48 hours after the last bout.

TheReluctantCountess Sun 09-Mar-14 20:35:40

Technically it should be 48 hours. You will probably still feel washed out tomorrow, even if the worst is over. Give yourself time to recover.

SleepSleepSleepSleep Sun 09-Mar-14 21:41:41

Poor thing stay off until you feel better.

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Sun 09-Mar-14 21:43:43

Have you actually been sick, or had diarrhoea?

josiecat Sun 09-Mar-14 23:07:33

Not sick, just nausea & stomach pains, but yes I had some diarrhoea this morning. Been ok since. No food today except occasional ginger biscuits, I don't feel hungry at all. I know about the 48 hr rule but was wondering if 24 hrs would do in a mild case. The nausea has passed now. I'm hoping that's the end of it. Thanks all

TheReluctantCountess Mon 10-Mar-14 18:02:46

If it was just one bout of the runs and you weren't sick then I don't think you actually need stay off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now