early years qualification help

(4 Posts)
momwhereismy Sun 09-Mar-14 09:40:05

I am currently working in Ireland in a Montessori. From Montessori in Ireland they go into first year of primary, technically the Montessori is reception year I have been working in childcare for 10 years. I have a Montessori diploma and currently studying fetac 6 childcare. Could you please let me know what this is equivalent to in UK qualifications as I will be relocating shortly.
Also there seems to be a different system in place in that the reception class is taught by primary teachers. What would my job description be when looking for employment? Am I to look for creche worker or playschool. Ive looked at nric but that's 60£ so I just want to ensure that I have right qualification before proceeding with it.
Thanks!
Sorry if wrong forum, first post but a lurker since penis beaker :-)

LIZS Sun 09-Mar-14 17:31:29

Think you are looking for an Early Years teacher or ta , which could include Reception or nursery/preschool.

momwhereismy Sun 09-Mar-14 22:33:19

Great thanks for reply. So is there private early years as well the reception class. Or is the playschool when they are 2/3

LIZS Mon 10-Mar-14 07:16:02

Independent schools sometimes have their own nursery/preschool and the majority of preschools not attached to a school or Children's Centre are privately owned whether as part of a daycare setting or standalone (ie. in church hall) for 2-5 year olds. There are of course also Montessori schools which start at preschool age.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now