I'm going to start training to be an EYFS in September!

(6 Posts)
PapayaWhip Fri 07-Mar-14 21:09:54

That's all I have to say, but I'm just so excited! (and probably naive about the whole thing)

PapayaWhip Fri 07-Mar-14 21:10:32

Oh gosh, I'm not becoming an EYFS and regressing to 3 years old, I'll be training to be an EYFS teacher!

Misfitless Sun 16-Mar-14 10:44:18

Hi Papaya,

Congratulations! Can I ask, will you be doing a PGCE?

I'm desperate to start a PGCE Early Years in September, but haven't yet even applied, so think it's unlikely, and I'll have to wait till next year.

Good luck!

Misfitless Sun 16-Mar-14 10:44:55

PS - Am really struggling with my personal statement, which is why my application is amounting to nothing atm!

PapayaWhip Mon 17-Mar-14 19:37:45

I'm doing a EYFS PGCE but with * whispers* Teach First ( I know it doesn't have a great reputation on here)

Are you career changing?
Do you have school experience which you could write about in your PS?

Misfitless Tue 18-Mar-14 14:52:28

I don't know about teach first, haven't heard anything either negative or positive, so fill me in if you can, please..?

Well, sort of..I've never really had anything near a career before, but have a degree and have always wanted to teach. The time is right now, if you see what I mean.

I have a lot of experience with KS2, and some with KS1. However, don't have any experience of Early Years settings, iyswim. This is another stumbling block.

I'm really pleased for you. Bet you're counting down the days!

Are you career changing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now