Casual primary supply teacher - asked to do assessment!

(4 Posts)
CeliaFate Fri 07-Mar-14 10:26:26

I only do the odd day here and there. Yesterday's maths lesson, I was asked to make a list of the children who had achieved level 3 or level 4 (not obvious from the LO) and comment on whether they'd had adult input.

I did it but I was hmm. When I worked full time I would never expect a supply teacher to do that. I was happy if they'd marked the books and had no discipline problems.

Is assessment reasonable to ask?

mycatoscar Fri 07-Mar-14 12:39:13

Had the teacher also left you success criteria for each level? I assume you mean a level 3 or 4 for that one lesson? Still, I don't think I'd leave that for a supply. As you say, I'm always delighted if they've marked!

CeliaFate Fri 07-Mar-14 13:01:46

They'd left a brief description - eg, beginning to understand xyz, using xyz in simple addition and subtraction.
She said it was a one off lesson, I assume she was going to use the data to tick off that part of Maths for assessment purposes.

mycatoscar Fri 07-Mar-14 14:55:08

Hmmm think it was a bit cheeky of them to expect it. Also, not really great practice to get someone who doesn't know the children to do something like that. Hope it didn't take you too long, next time say no!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now