Trainee teacher teaching PSE- jealousy- any ideas

(6 Posts)
painpaingoawaycomeagainanother Thu 06-Mar-14 18:33:44

Hi there I am being observed during a short 20 minute circle time with reception year 1 &2 children tomorrow am.

Have you got any good ideas about how I can teach this.
I have thought about a scenario between two puppets then a discussion afterwards about jealousy.
But I worry about children being bored.
Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks.

Amythesianwaterfall Thu 06-Mar-14 18:39:13

http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resources/primary-40069/ks1-pshe-41797/seal-41863/relationships-41872/

Or use a story? Love the puppet idea too!

painpaingoawaycomeagainanother Thu 06-Mar-14 18:39:29

Thank you smile

AnimalsAreMyFriends Thu 06-Mar-14 18:42:04

I did a nice PSE circle time with my YRs a couple of weeks ago. I found a picture of a very angry looking child - we opened with a discussion about what might have made him angry. We then passed the talking teddy around the circle (children may only speak when holding him!) & each child took a turn at telling the circle about a time when they felt angry - what happened & what they felt/did.
We finished up with a little rounding up of what we had heard & some suggestions of how we might react differently next time we feel angry! (i.e. not slamming the door, not stamping up the stairs etc) with some positive behaviour suggestions - taking some time out, listening to what mum was saying, getting some fresh air .....
They really engaged with this, as they could all identify with angry feelings & behaviour.

AnimalsAreMyFriends Thu 06-Mar-14 18:43:40

Pressed post too soon!

Just to say, love the idea of puppets & jealousy is always a subject that needs covering at every age!

Hope it goes well smile

Goblinchild Thu 06-Mar-14 18:46:33

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now