Blown it again!

(14 Posts)
Ithastobepurple Tue 04-Mar-14 11:46:37

I had another interview today perfect job, perfect school and I blew it.
I have come home shaking and tearful.
What on earth can I do to ensure that I come across better at interview?
I feels so hopeless and I cannot believe that despite all my preparation I have failed yet again.
The thought that another such perfect opportunity is unlikely to come up again is making me feel quite desperate.

soverylucky Tue 04-Mar-14 12:08:21

Are you doing a PGCE or are you already qualified?

If you working in a school already is there a possibility of doing a mock interview with the Head/Deputy etc?

Write down all the questions that they asked you while they are fresh in your mind. Think about how you would answer them differently now. Think of similar questions to those you were asked. Write them down too and think of answers.

Concentrate on your strengths. Use positive statements such as " I have ....." or " I can" rather than " I could" or " I would like to" Be confident in what you can do. If you do have any weaknesses then try to address those before your next interview.

Good luck - I had 8 interviews before I got my dream job. You can do it!

Sorry to hear that. Here, have a brew and cake

Do you know what it is that goes wrong in interview? Is it the formal interview? The lesson? The nerves?

Have you asked for feedback from the jobs you've been turned down for?

bubblesmonkey Tue 04-Mar-14 21:42:52

Sorry to hear that. Tell us more about it and hopefully someone can help. Is it nerves at interview?

Ithastobepurple Wed 05-Mar-14 07:33:44

Dear All

Thank you so much for your kind words and offers of support.

I cannot quite believe that I am typing this but ....... I have been offered the position. Apparently they really liked me! I have to keep pinching myself to ensure that I am not dreaming!

MaryShelley Wed 05-Mar-14 09:21:28

Hip hip hooray!

fussychica Wed 05-Mar-14 18:26:26

Congratulations! Looks like you need to get to know yourself bettergrin

MrCabDriver Wed 05-Mar-14 18:28:06

Wahey! Congratulations :-)

Goblinchild Wed 05-Mar-14 18:39:47

You mean you came home convinced you had failed, even though you had no evidence? No one said 'You haven't got the job'
You noggin. You are obviously much better than you think you are and need to acquire friends and supporters to tell you so.

cls77 Wed 05-Mar-14 18:42:20

Yay! Congratulations Op, you so deserve a boost in your own confidence lol!

Varya Wed 05-Mar-14 18:44:49

Wonderful news - well done! XXX

Ithastobepurple Wed 05-Mar-14 20:45:40

Thank you!

My confidence has definitely been knocked in the past and I agree that I need to have more faith in my abilities. My initial euphoria has now being replaced with niggling doubts that they have made a terrible mistake and I am not up to it. Aagh!

Something to work on between now and September so that I can really make the most of this opportunity.

Onwards and upwards! smile

Goblinchild Wed 05-Mar-14 21:09:56

Pop in here regularly and we will tell you to stop being a twit.

temporarilyjerry Thu 06-Mar-14 18:16:15

Congratulations, OP. Great news. They haven't made a mistake. After careful consideration, they chose the best candidate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now