ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

One last try-CV help please?!

(5 Posts)
rollonthesummer Tue 04-Mar-14 09:14:15

I have been teaching for ages now and have been utterly miserable for the last two years. I think it's time to try one last school to see if it's teaching or just my current school that I can't bear before I run for the hills. I would like to try a different type of school as well-eg primary, rather than just a first school.

I have only ever taught in two schools-the first, straight from university and this one-which I didn't have an interview for so have only ever had a 'straight from PGCE' style cv and that was so long ago I have I idea what was on it! Are teacher CVs different to normal ones? Will I actually need one or is it purely application forms to fill in?

If I do need one, would anyone be kind enough to tell me the sorts of subheadings that would be expected on them.

Thank you smile

willow777 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:17:33

I've never had to send a cv, only forms and the headings are pretty much in here - work history, qualifications etc and the supporting statement where you tell them why you are specifically good for them! I spent time researching what to write on the TES career forums - have a look round and sine searches on there, there's some good advice. Good luck

tethersend Tue 04-Mar-14 10:19:33

PM me your email address and I'll send you mine if you like.

willow777 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:22:03

community.tes.co.uk/search/default.aspx?q=Application+form

Hope this works!

It's usually application forms. If you look on the TES for the kinds of jobs you might be applying for (even if they're not in your area/subject) you could download some application packs and see the way that forms are usually laid out. That would give you a chance to practice writing the application form before you have the pressure of actually applying for a job iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now