One last try-CV help please?!

(5 Posts)
rollonthesummer Tue 04-Mar-14 09:14:15

I have been teaching for ages now and have been utterly miserable for the last two years. I think it's time to try one last school to see if it's teaching or just my current school that I can't bear before I run for the hills. I would like to try a different type of school as well-eg primary, rather than just a first school.

I have only ever taught in two schools-the first, straight from university and this one-which I didn't have an interview for so have only ever had a 'straight from PGCE' style cv and that was so long ago I have I idea what was on it! Are teacher CVs different to normal ones? Will I actually need one or is it purely application forms to fill in?

If I do need one, would anyone be kind enough to tell me the sorts of subheadings that would be expected on them.

Thank you smile

willow777 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:17:33

I've never had to send a cv, only forms and the headings are pretty much in here - work history, qualifications etc and the supporting statement where you tell them why you are specifically good for them! I spent time researching what to write on the TES career forums - have a look round and sine searches on there, there's some good advice. Good luck

tethersend Tue 04-Mar-14 10:19:33

PM me your email address and I'll send you mine if you like.

willow777 Tue 04-Mar-14 10:22:03

It's usually application forms. If you look on the TES for the kinds of jobs you might be applying for (even if they're not in your area/subject) you could download some application packs and see the way that forms are usually laid out. That would give you a chance to practice writing the application form before you have the pressure of actually applying for a job iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now