supply tomorrow....

(8 Posts)
not2nitedarling Mon 03-Mar-14 15:43:07

So depending on how tomorrow goes may be able to have continuous work for next 2 wks. Have been warned that it is a difficult class....
Most of my background is special ed especially ebd.... but I only do the odd day here and there since having dd. why am I so worried ?

Euphemia Mon 03-Mar-14 19:30:03

Are you aiming for a permanent contract eventually? Do you really need this job?! confused

(I did supply for four years and hated it!)

manyhands Mon 03-Mar-14 22:10:35

I loved supply.

not2nitedarling Tue 04-Mar-14 20:02:58

well, got a phone call at 6pm yesterday. school have got someone else.. someone they use regularly so day off today!! Not sure really what I want to do.. looking for pt but regular job. is a struggle with a 4yr old to get cover. I enjoy the lack of home work but don't enjoy not knowing the times of breaks, end of school day, etc, not knowing their names or what is their normal level of working.... so never know if they are working to the best of their ability etc.

Euphemia Tue 04-Mar-14 20:07:30

I used to hate not knowing what I was going into:

Where do the children come in/line up?
How do I handle the lunches?
Where do we go if the fire alarm goes off?
Anyone with ASN?
Well behaved class or not?
Where is the plan for the day?
Where are the resources kept?
When is break time/lunchtime?
One bell or two for break/lunch?
What is the discipline procedure?
Where is the music room?
Where is the gym hall/equipment?

Too much stress!

not2nitedarling Tue 04-Mar-14 21:28:20

are you in teaching post now Euphemia?

Euphemia Tue 04-Mar-14 22:49:42

Yes - finally! It took a house move to a less populated area, but I finally have a permanent post. smile

not2nitedarling Thu 06-Mar-14 18:07:12

well done you.. have had another phone call from agency 2nite. may have a long term placement starting monday... fingers crossed x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now