Aqa or similar online marking

(8 Posts)
summerlovingliz Sun 02-Mar-14 13:17:08

Just wondering how different it us doing it online really? Used to do it a few years back and I'm after some extra cash so going to do the online marking this year. Anyone got experience of both? Thanks

kritur Sun 02-Mar-14 14:17:14

I find it much easier for chemistry, no faffing turning pages and you have to mark question by question.

LoopyDoopyDoo Sun 02-Mar-14 14:18:33

Do you still have to do the course first?

DriftingOff Sun 02-Mar-14 14:35:27

You complete some training on-line, no course as such.

cricketballs Sun 02-Mar-14 15:24:16

I do it for Edexcel and it is very straight forward. You just enter annotations as per written and enter the marks.

With Edexcel I do have online training and then have 10 responses per question to mark to gauge standardisation and your allocation to each question relates to your results from this exercise.

summerlovingliz Sun 02-Mar-14 17:58:31

Ok thank you for the replies, am already half dreading the intense 2/3 wks if marking but money will come in handy!

colander Sun 02-Mar-14 19:00:13

I have done both paper and online marking. When the exam board changed over to online I thought I was going to hate it, but actually it is fine. No stacks of papers taking up room in the house. Do make sure you have a decent pc monitor though. You can zoom in etc but you want to make the work as clear as possible. Good luck!

MaryShelley Sun 02-Mar-14 22:12:21

I love it being online. All I need is the laptop! Marks added up for me, no papers lying around. Easy to check on my team and see how they are doing. It's great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now