Superhero dress up for those of us who aren't 25 and a size 8????!!!

(17 Posts)
Littlefish Fri 21-Feb-14 12:49:51

I made up my own superhero and went into school as....

CAPTAIN CUPCAKE!

I found some fabric covered with cupcake pictures and made an apron. I then found a cloak and edged it with more cupcake pictures. I carried a basket filled with cakes and gave them out to anyone who looked sad!

Gileswithachainsaw Wed 19-Feb-14 22:38:05

Green robes dressed as maid Marian?

toomuchicecream Wed 19-Feb-14 22:34:31

When we had to do this, my similarly rotund year group partner and I went as Jessie and Woody from Toy Story - jeans, checked shirt and I bribed a child to bring in a cowboy hat. The office staff came as office angels, complete with white dresses, wings and wands...

MothratheMighty Wed 19-Feb-14 22:34:25

SuperGran. grin

Mrs Pepperpot

Basketofchocolate Wed 19-Feb-14 22:08:51

I love Kisses' idea smile

But, my suggestion is make one up. No one says super heros have to be ones that already exist. Be your own. Who would you be if you were a super hero and what would they wear?

Personally, I think invisibility would be cool.....so I'd go with Kisses' plan smile

KissesBreakingWave Wed 19-Feb-14 22:06:28

More seriously, a simple trouser suit, a wheelchair and a black wig and spectacles and you're Barbara Gordon, the Oracle. If you're black at all, a business suit of any kind, a hefty pearl necklace and a REAALLLY big gun, you're Amanda Waller of Suicide Squad (a bit of padding under the suit will help). The entire DC universe is more willing to cross Batman than her: Bats will try his hardest not to kill you. Agent Waller will make you wish she'd settled for just killing you...

Oh, and Jenny Sparks from the Authority is easy enough if you can lay hold of a union jack t-shirt. She generally goes with green combats and a short leather jacket and face-kicking-in boots. A blonde, and for school I reckon you could dispense with the chain-smoking.

KissesBreakingWave Wed 19-Feb-14 21:52:23

Take the day off. Tell 'em you went as the Invisible Woman.

capsium Wed 19-Feb-14 21:50:49

Cat woman. Black top and trousers. Face paint nose and whiskers and cat's ears.

ScentedScandal Wed 19-Feb-14 21:42:36

Hong Kong Phooey = dressing gown, mask.

jctall79 Wed 19-Feb-14 21:34:01

I feel your pain! Primarni have got superman and spiderman onsies but I would just look like a gigantic teletubby. who's idea was this day?

capsium Wed 19-Feb-14 21:33:45

Danger Mouse? White mouse face paint and ears, eyepatch, white onesie, or top and trousers, red belt.

SavoyCabbage Wed 19-Feb-14 21:30:57

I like those pictures Debbie.

capsium Wed 19-Feb-14 21:27:48

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, any clothes and wooden stakes.

capsium Wed 19-Feb-14 21:25:18

Bionic woman - ordinary clothes. Could just wear a track suit, maybe draw the machine bit on your arm.

Sapphire from Sapphire and Steel. Blues dress.

One of the girls from Scooby Doo.

Not quite what you were looking for, but these are a selection of female superhero costumes redesigned with a view to practical crimefighting functionality rather than showing as much flesh as possible -- they are all pretty recognisable as their characters so you could adopt one of them as the basis for a costume.

iklboo Wed 19-Feb-14 21:11:19

They do super girl onesies.....I was considering one myself.

isitpimmsoclockyet Wed 19-Feb-14 21:07:59

Title says it all really.....I most certainly do NOT have the figure for girl superhero dressing ) probably never have to be fair!!

I am ok to show.....my head, wrists and ankles!!! No boobs, long boots, short skirts or leggings.......any suggestions as to how the flip to get round this would be very gratefully received!!!!

Honestly.........

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now