Any maths teachers on here? edexcel linear GCSE text book?

(7 Posts)
eatyourveg Mon 27-Jan-14 19:41:30

ds uses this book in class and this for revision. I like it as it is split up into tons of topics with explanations, quick answers, longer answers, practice papers and answers for each topic

The school have also issued them all with a mathswatch CD and they have a computer programme called mymaths too which they can access from home

professorpoopsnagle Mon 27-Jan-14 07:32:53

I like using the CIMT resources- some are interactive and make a change from book exercises. The website is not very easy to navigate to find what you need but if you use google to search for CIMT and your topic (e.g. CIMT pythagoras) you will get what you need.

Bunbaker Sun 26-Jan-14 17:28:58

DD's teacher told us to get the Letts Success Edexcel GCSE Mathematics Higher Revision Guide and the workbook as well. I have also bought the CGP GCSE Mathematics for Edexcel Higher Level Complete Revision and Practice. We use these in conjunction with MyMaths.

Her school very unhelpfully won't let them take their maths exercise books home except when they have to revise for a big maths test.

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 26-Jan-14 17:26:10

The board is Edexcel.

We have two blue Edexcel and the CGP revision books. DH used a text book with DD1 who is at a different school so was allowed to take it home and he wants the same to help DD2.

The book DD2 uses at school just has exercises in- she didn't recognise any of the ones I showed her and neither did DH.

BTW- DH is very good as a tutor-great at getting down to the right level and patient with explanations.

DD1 was predicted a low B at GCSE, achieved a very high A (one paper was a few ums off full marks) and is now predicted an A at A level this summer!

Sorry you gave the board in your thread title.

DD1 is doing Edexcel

She has two Lonsdale workbooks and the black and yellow revision plus class room companions, higher and A*. These may be what your after, they are textbooks with how to do it.

I think DDs are the top 4 pictures

You need to know which board and have her with you to recognise the book.

Also CGP revision guides have methods not just exercises.

Bite size and Utube have loads of videos too.

DHs are great, but degree level ones get carried away and don't stick to the point.

My DDs have two degree level scientists to deal with (and my DH is a seriously good mathematician), we get glazed expressions and the odd polite 'shut up, my head hurts'

BrigitBigKnickers Sun 26-Jan-14 16:37:46

DD2 in year 10 struggling a bit with maths- so DH is tutoring her as he did DD1 (he has a degree in maths.)

Her school does not let them take the text book home although she has two blue revision guides. All of her homework is issued on line.

DH wants to buy a text book with explanations in ( not just exercises) to help her. Her teacher said buy a linear GCSE higher tier book.

Just been on Amazon and have no idea which one to get.

Hellllllpppppp!

(TIA)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now