Any Year 2 teachers?

(3 Posts)
mumnosbest Thu 30-Jan-14 16:20:48

Another Y2 teacher here and completely agree with Dreaming

DreamingOfYou14 Sat 25-Jan-14 12:14:56

I teach year 2. What are the reasons for wanting your daughter to have tutoring? Why does she need to catch up? How far "behind" is she?

From a teachers point of view, I would not have tutoring. Your daughter needs to be able to relax in the holidays and not be forced to do work.

I personally would not want to provide tutoring in the holidays - they are just that, the holidays.

BlandineN Fri 24-Jan-14 22:26:19

I am looking for a tutor to help my daughter catch up during half term for an hour a day. A number of people coming from various background (student, professional tutor, ex-Kumon tutor, mum...) offered their services. It looks like everybody does a bit of tutoring on the side.

I have 2 questions for you:

- is it possible to find a year 2 teacher willing to do some tutoring during the holidays? Is there a website where I could post an ad? We are based in west London.

- if I can't find a year 2 teachers, what are the key skills I should look for in a tutor do you think?

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now