ARGH OFSTED are in!!

(19 Posts)
PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 23-Jan-14 06:40:12

Just that really... We got the call yesterday. On bus to school now and panicking slightly, although I am well prepared it's still scary! I am HoF and lots of my faculty have never been 'ofsteded' before and are really anxious, so I am having to do the whole bravado, you'll be fantastic, nothing to worry about thing whilst hyperventilating on the inside!

Wish me luck...

wecantallbeperfect Thu 23-Jan-14 06:41:07

Good luck!

PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 23-Jan-14 06:41:39

Thanks <wibble>

Helpyourself Thu 23-Jan-14 06:43:19

Good luck! I'm sure you won't need it. If you have any 'spare capacity' look after those of your staff who've not been ofsteded. They'll be even wibblier than you!
brew for when you get in.

fatcheeks1 Thu 23-Jan-14 06:52:54

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you.Be back later to see.

Good luck. Doesn't sound like you need it though. You sound like you have it under control

justmuddlingalongsomehow Thu 23-Jan-14 07:03:00

It'll be over before you know it. Good luck - have a great weekend knowing its done and dusted!

DrNick Thu 23-Jan-14 07:03:49

Don't interrupt learning with mini plenaries. Meet inspector at door. Tell him what you want him to know. Table plans.

Good luck!!

DrNick Thu 23-Jan-14 18:10:34

Well?

PollyCazaletWannabe Thu 23-Jan-14 19:46:58

We are doing ok so far. I and 4 of my dept were observed today, we all got 2s. I was a bit disappointed if I'm honest- wanted a 1- but the insoector didn't really come into the 'right' bit of the lesson IYSWIM so tbh I wasn't surprised. In general it is looking like a 2 overall i think- same as last time. Still tomorrow to go- thanks for your support smile

DrNick Thu 23-Jan-14 20:10:57

what was missing from a 1?

Good luck for tomorrow too

fatcheeks1 Fri 24-Jan-14 06:29:12

Yes, good luck for today.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Fri 24-Jan-14 06:38:38

It'll all be over soon. Sounds like yesterday went well. Hope today follows suit!

PollyCazaletWannabe Fri 24-Jan-14 06:45:48

Thanks all smile very tired today and feel I'm going to struggle to keep going- I know some of my team feel the same. The worst thing IMO is NOT being seen- those who weren't seen yesterday were quite resentful of all the effort they had put in for nothing. So for that reason I hope they all her seen today.
Thanks again- will let you know how it goes.

HumphreyCobbler Fri 24-Jan-14 14:42:09

Hope today went well.

I remember the whole thing about NOT being seen. All that adrenaline rushing around with no where to go. I wasn't seen until day 3 once, by that time I was a quivering wreck.

justmuddlingalongsomehow Sat 25-Jan-14 11:23:00

IT'S OVER! Have a great weekend!

PollyCazaletWannabe Sun 26-Jan-14 12:05:54

Back on the radar today- I felt drunk on Friday, I was so tired, and yesterday wasn't much better!
Well, we think we got a 2 overall. No concrete news yet as we all buggered off to the pub after school while the inspectors were meeting with SMT but we had an email from the head saying that she was 'extremely happy in all categories'- so we think 2. Which I am very happy with, and proud of my dept.
Thanks for support on here smile anyone else been ofsteded lately?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now