Ofsted arrived today.......

(10 Posts)
Ruprekt Thu 21-Nov-13 22:05:16

Omg!!

Tortoisegirl Thu 21-Nov-13 22:17:08

Good luck. I have just spent an hour mulling over their teaching criteria and am still puzzled as to what an outstanding lesson looks like as opposed to a good one! For example, what on earth does a pupil "thriving" actually look like within the context of one lesson?
I hope you have supportive colleagues as it does make it easier. Do you have reason to be concerned?

Ruprekt Thu 21-Nov-13 22:54:54

Huge school.

One got outstanding today smile His first. Thrilled for him.

Think we will get Requires Improvement as our stats are not great. confused

Tortoisegirl Thu 21-Nov-13 23:10:57

Well done him!! We got a good a couple of years ago but no way would we ever be outstanding as our stats just aren't good enough either.

Ruprekt Fri 22-Nov-13 05:34:52

Am awake......confused

Tortoisegirl Fri 22-Nov-13 17:24:34

How has it gone?

Ruprekt Sat 23-Nov-13 22:27:51

Not sure.....mixed.....find out Monday.

Astr0naut Tue 26-Nov-13 20:23:45

They're bastards now, they really are. Previously consistently outstanding teachers got goods. One got an ri cos of 3 naughty boys - who were playing up for Ofsted.

Basically, your pupils need to show rapid progress in 20 minutes. THat's it.

Their final report of the school is not the school I know and love. Just gutted.

Tortoisegirl Wed 27-Nov-13 20:00:23

Ŵe got told by our head this week that she had seen one of our staff teach a lesson and they had made"astounding" progress in 12 mins! I got the feeling she thought we could all do this! Now where did I put my magic wannd!

Letticetheslug Wed 27-Nov-13 20:06:24

Our outstanding lessons were, in both cases, the sort of lessons that they normally taught, (Class R and Year 6). It seems that they no longer focus on the teaching, but on how the children are engaged - a positive step I reckon. Both classes have a massive range of ability and it was felt that all children were engaged in that lesson and had benefitted. As Senco and member of SLT I have to second that that is outstanding teaching

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now