The Phantom Blu-Tak Eater

(6 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 16-Nov-13 17:43:45

How do I stop him?!

Little lad in my class (he's 4.9y) goes around the classroom nicking Blu-Tak then putting it in his mouth. He's always at it. Help!

Watching with interest. My PBTE is almost 11- arrrggghh!

Ihatespiders Sat 16-Nov-13 21:03:33

Are his parents aware that he does it and does he eat any other items? Someone I trained with had a pupil with pica in her NQT class. He'd eat rubbers, blu-tak and all sorts. For him it was part of his ASD behaviours.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pica_%28disorder%29

Blu-tack itself is not harmful, but their website says to seek medical advice if discomfort is experienced. www.blutack.com/faq.html

Pity they don't make it taste vile!

Euphemia Sat 16-Nov-13 21:24:23

Yes his parents are aware. I don't know if he's actually swallowing the Blu-Tak, I just see him chewing it.

He puts other items in his mouth, but not rubbers, etc. Just like a younger child might.

RosemaryandThyme Tue 19-Nov-13 19:18:59

One of mine does this -eats pva glue too, licks anything that he can, pebbles, fur, shinny paint etc, have no idea if it's stoppable, as child grows maybe peer presure and just not being the odd one will help.

ninah Tue 19-Nov-13 19:21:57

Hey, I have one of these! often have to pull a chewing gum sized wodge of blutak out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now