First observation tomorrow.

(9 Posts)
MercuryRising Mon 11-Nov-13 17:39:55

Hi. I am a trainee teacher who has my first observation tomorrow. I am ridiculously nervous. Do any of you lovely ladies have any pearls of wisdom for me please?

cricketballs Mon 11-Nov-13 17:52:45

share objectives; have student's working asap; mini plenaries; have challenge; pace; differentiation - but most importantly relax! During your training no one is expecting brilliance but ensure that you get feedback asap and ask questions on how you could improve, suggestions for the future

MercuryRising Mon 11-Nov-13 18:26:09

Thank you cricket balls. I think I have planned to cover those things. It is behaviour management I am really concerned about. sad

MsFiremanSam Mon 11-Nov-13 18:26:11

Don't talk too much! The observer is looking at what the students are learning, not what you're doing. Good luck!

AuntySib Mon 11-Nov-13 18:39:59

No more than 10 minutes of you talking. Reward system in place and evident. Consider use of TA if there is one, and put that in plan. Differentiation. Clear learning objectives and success criteria.
Good luck!

Nojustalurker Mon 11-Nov-13 19:22:22

Don't be afraid to deal with behaviour. Wait for student to be quiet before you start talking. Give students behaviour expectations for each task. Eg when completing this activity you will be doing independent working, so that means you should not be talking to anybody, or while answering the questions you may ask each other for help but make sure you keep the noise to a working level.

Nojustalurker Mon 11-Nov-13 19:22:32

Don't be afraid to deal with behaviour. Wait for student to be quiet before you start talking. Give students behaviour expectations for each task. Eg when completing this activity you will be doing independent working, so that means you should not be talking to anybody, or while answering the questions you may ask each other for help but make sure you keep the noise to a working level.

Nojustalurker Mon 11-Nov-13 19:22:46

Nojustalurker Mon 11-Nov-13 19:23:15

Opps! Ipad did not show the message as posted. Sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now