How many interviews did you have...

(5 Posts)
Imsosorryalan Tue 29-Oct-13 19:36:54

Before you were offered a job as a teacher? I am going to be hopefully returning to teaching in a couple of years and just wondered what the market was like.
Up to when I last worked, only a couple of years ago, I got every job I interviewd for. ( not being big headed, just lucky. Guess). So was just wondering if the market is very competitive now.

ninah Tue 29-Oct-13 21:28:48

Two. Demand seems to vary from region to region.

about 15 but was an nqt. lots of applicants for every job but again, there is alot of variation by region

SandStorm Thu 31-Oct-13 10:44:32

I've just been offered my first full time position (am an NQT). I had 4 interviews in May/June time and 1 this time round.

cricketballs Wed 06-Nov-13 20:46:04

2 - but on the 2nd one I wasn't first choice. Got the call that evening to say unsuccessful as the one who got the job could offer a second subject that they were short of that I couldn';, but then got a call next morning from HT to say they had spoke to the governors and had created another job as they wanted me to teach there grin stayed 7 years and only left as it was being taken over by another school and I couldn't stand the HT there and the demands they were placing on staff

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now