Interview observation ideas - teaching assistant.

(5 Posts)

Hi all,

I have an interview next week for either a TA or INA position - applied for either.
For the observation part I have to read a book to some year 1 pupils for 15 minutes.

I think I'm expected to ask them questions and interact with them about the story as well although it didn't say on my letter - that's what I had to do last time!

Any ideas for books suitable that will keep their attention and provide lots of time for questions and conversation?

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Mon 28-Oct-13 17:03:00

My son has a Sir Charlie Stinky Socks book and he loved it at that stage. Lots of alliteration and rhyme.

Would that be any good?

Thanks for the suggestion - will look it up now smile

I've ordered "Click Clack Moo" which is quite popular but it's literally a 5 minute read and can involve the children but leaves 10 mins for discussion.

But then I know they are only 5/6 and a long book won't hold their attention for long.....so looking for others which may be better than the one I've ordered!

Ooo I've just ordered the treasure one after reading the reviews!

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Tue 29-Oct-13 15:32:01

My DS has Sir CS and the Really Big Adventure. It is lovely! Lots of interesting words, great illustrations and flaps to lift, plus a good little twist in the tale!

I would guess that less is more when it comes to reading a story to 5 or 6 yr olds. Good luck! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now