Job offer or not?

(7 Posts)
ninah Sun 20-Oct-13 11:01:31

Congratulations!

mineofuselessinformation Sat 19-Oct-13 22:44:07

Well..... I've been letting the idea settle in my head before coming back. I've been offered a job, but not THE job IYSWIM. (It was for an outstanding teacher with a potential research project.)
The upshot is, I've been offered a temporary contract as a main-scale post with an opportunity to re-apply for September when the job will be advertised again. By then, I will know if I like the school and if the job is for me - and it will also solve the problem of me moving near to Christmas as I've sold my house and bought another in the area I want to move to (hour and a half drive away). So whilst I'm a bit disappointed, it offers me a chance to do what I want and work in what looks like a nice school. (And maybe after a shitty few years things are going my way for once!) smile

mineofuselessinformation Thu 17-Oct-13 18:55:15

Thank you! Keep your fingers crossed for me please.

Lilyloo Thu 17-Oct-13 18:54:14

I would guess that your a firm candidate subject to references.

It means they're checking your references smile

You'll just have to wait until morning I'm afraid.

mineofuselessinformation Thu 17-Oct-13 18:51:24

Hopeful bump...

mineofuselessinformation Thu 17-Oct-13 18:16:38

For those of you in managerial roles please?
I had an interview today. I asked for references not to be taken prior to interview and was told a decision would be made this afternoon.... I had a call earlier to say that references are still being taken up, so I won't hear until the morning. What do I read into this if anything?
If you could put me out of my misery I'd appreciate it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now