Best teaching interview tips?

(4 Posts)
KinkyDorito Sat 19-Oct-13 11:07:08

Thanks both of you. Interviewing next week...

tethersend Sat 12-Oct-13 20:39:21

The greatest tip given to me was: at the end when they ask you if you have any questions, ask is there anything I haven't covered?

This allows them to go 'off-script' and ask you what they want to know, or revisit a question you didn't answer fully without prompting you and giving you an unfair advantage.

Good luck smile

Ihatespiders Sat 12-Oct-13 19:03:58

'TheoGriff' on the TES is superb for advice. community.tes.co.uk/tes_jobseekers/b/preparing_for_interview/default.aspx

Good luck :-)

KinkyDorito Sat 12-Oct-13 16:45:30

I've always been a highly regarded teacher but I struggle in interviews. I have never been given a job straight away at an interview; I'm always an after-thought which has made me quite anxious about them. My self esteem has taken a battering of late and even though I am getting the results, I am lacking in confidence. My HOD tells me I'm one of his best, yet the management is fault-finding and quite a few of us are very fed up. I need to get out of my current school, but I'm dreading interviewing again.

If anyone has any tips about how you think you can be successful at a panel interview, I would REALLY appreciate it. I'm not worried about the teaching bit, it's always the panel and how to put myself across well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now