That moment when the Head walks in ...

(13 Posts)
Lara2 Sun 13-Oct-13 11:43:24

Role play! grin

Lara2 Sun 13-Oct-13 11:42:57

Last time my head walked in with our AI I was role modelling the role lay area, in character and costume! blush

MiaowTheCat Sun 06-Oct-13 12:28:36

I used to have an open plan classroom - head wandered through just as I was administering a right royal rollicking to some lads for the game they'd decided to invent involving pencils, paperclips stuck at angles and sellotape to make hockey sticks and paper balls for hockey balls (secretly I quite admired their inventiveness on this but not in the middle of bloody Maths!)

Head joined in the rollicking so they got both barrels (then in the staffroom afterwards admitted she'd admired the creativity as well).

Loved my old head!

Ihatespiders Sat 05-Oct-13 19:26:05

Love the idea of banging and rapping for poetry: sounds like a brilliant lesson.

Thank you 2kids - I've added that to the wish list.

2kidsintow Sat 05-Oct-13 18:04:11
SpudtheScarecrow Sat 05-Oct-13 15:43:51

I had the opposite once when the head popped in to check that I was ok during a very lively poetry lesson. Pupils were banging tapping out rhythms on the desk and making up their own raps blush luckily he saw the funny side and appreciated the creativity

Ihatespiders Sat 05-Oct-13 15:29:23

Of course! Blocked at school, but I've just made myself a load of Safeshare links to a selection. Brilliant - thank you :-)

Mynewmoniker Sat 05-Oct-13 00:35:52

YouTube. Relaxing music.

I don't bother to buy CDs anymore.

And they have a lovely calming picture to look at!

Ihatespiders Sat 05-Oct-13 00:33:55

I need some more CDs! My one "Relaxing Classics" is getting samey. Any recommendations?

2kidsintow Fri 04-Oct-13 22:52:49

I love using classical music for a calm atmosphere when my class are writing independently.

Ihatespiders Fri 04-Oct-13 20:23:15

Head at my previous school bought lollies for the staff!

I gave them a Class Merit. Got to mark it all now ...

Movingtimes Fri 04-Oct-13 18:34:08

Good job!
Last time the head walked into one of my lessons they were all doing creative wrting while eating lollies blush (in my defence it was a Y10 class a couple of days before the end of the summer term and I had exhausted all other motivational devices).

Ihatespiders Fri 04-Oct-13 18:25:04

... and my class was writing in silence, with a bit of background classical music, producing great stories from a picture stimulus.

Impressed Head.

One
Happy
Teacher!
grin wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now