Primary teachers - do you use TES pro?

(13 Posts)
ColdTeaAgain Tue 24-Sep-13 13:09:40

My fiance has just started a PGCE in primary education. I just came across an advert for TES pro - years subscription for £19.99 instead of £30, it says you can use it help with lesson plans etc thought it would be nice thing to get for him but wanted to see if any of you recommend it since I have no clue!

NewNameforNewTerm Tue 24-Sep-13 17:57:17

Not heard anything positive about it! Try looking at TES forum (if you can find your way round the crapness of it), no one seems impressed there.

BatmanLovesIckyBarry Sat 28-Sep-13 16:24:18

Nope.

Used to love TES, spent ages on there, then they changed it all and navigating the site is a fool's errand.

I think I'd rather use DropBox (free) than TESPro (not free grin) to keep all my lesson plans in!

SuffolkNWhat Sat 28-Sep-13 17:29:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ihatespiders Sat 28-Sep-13 23:50:03

TES Pro is just an online filing system. TES resources and countless others are available for free. Dropbox is free to store anything and everything in whatever way you want.

If you want to spend £30 on his resources, get laminating pouches for all the resopurces he'll be creating/finding/downloading!

Or £12 for a year of Activities at Teacher's Pet activities.tpet.co.uk/?#/home

Or membership at Twinkl if he's EYFS/KS1 focussed (they do have KS2 stuff, but it's very 'cute') www.twinkl.co.uk/premium

ColdTeaAgain Sun 29-Sep-13 09:00:37

Thanks all! I've leave it then, good ol' mumsnet! grin

ParkerTheThief Sun 29-Sep-13 16:30:20

Buy him a subscription to a scholastic magazine instead, much more useful.

MiaowTheCat Sun 29-Sep-13 19:21:04

Since they ruined the site - I don't even log into their forums or resource bank anymore - let alone pay for anything extra.

NewNameforNewTerm Sun 29-Sep-13 21:02:09

It does make you wonder why that despite such negative feedback and people leaving in droves they do nothing about it. I got here now instead.

ParkerTheThief Mon 30-Sep-13 18:27:36

I used to love TES but I can't remember the last time I went there. The forums are a nightmare to navigate and it just isn't worth the bother.

BatmanLovesIckyBarry Tue 01-Oct-13 12:21:03

Ditto, parker and miaow. I used to post in Personal and Primary a lot (just checked - 8,168 posts to my name grin), now, I just loaf about on mumsnet. I see a few names I recognise from TES - presumably they're doing the same.

MiaowTheCat Thu 03-Oct-13 12:40:47

It's the fact they did ONE forum upgrade that annoyed loads of people and lost them loads of posters... and they didn't learn from that and did another one which made it even worse! Some stunning logic going on there.

I haven't been on TES in a good 2 months or so and it's like a ghost town when I do.

I've not used TES for ages, well since the changes. I'd encourage your partner to use Dropbox. Can access anywhere for free and save anything there. If you load dropbox onto PCs, phones, ipads etc you get more free storage. I've done this since I was doing my PGCE and it was vital when I was supply. Also means I won't lose the memory stick etc.

If you want to buy him a gift that would be useful, I'd second a subscription - Teachers pet and twinkl are both fab, especially if EYFS or KS1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now