Would you go back to your NQT school?

(3 Posts)
vaticancameo Sun 22-Sep-13 16:18:11

I'm looking to change schools at the moment (have been teaching for 10 years). I did my first two years in a school I loved and then moved on for promotion. A job has come up in that school at the same level I'm at now (middle management). A quick google has shown that it's got a new head now, but other than that the staffing is very similar to when I left. I'm tempted to apply, but holding back because I've got it in my head you shouldn't go back to the past - is that silly? I'm also thinking that they knew me as an NQT and therefore all the mistakes I made as an inexperienced teacher, and might find it hard to accept me in a managerial position (although if that's the case I guess they wouldn't appoint me). I know it will have changed, and won't feel like the same environment I left. I've lost touch with my friends there, in the way you naturally do after seven years, so I can't get in touch with anyone to ask what it's like (although probably wouldn't anyway, wouldn't want to be seen as canvassing or anything). What do you think? Leave the past in the past or apply and see what happens?

HedgeHogGroup Sun 22-Sep-13 20:57:03

I'd go back as Headteacher and have a dramatic Eastenders style entrance with a slamming of a door and telling all the people who made my life hell to 'fuck off out of my school'.
Bitter? Me? grin

NotAsTired Mon 23-Sep-13 14:06:01

hedgehog grin. My sentiments exactly.

Why don't you apply, OP, and see what happens? Or as a first step, take a look around the school and see if you like the new head and if its got the same supportive vibe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now